Dream Journal #1 Surreal Sartorial

 I'm sitting in the kindergarten classroom. The girl sitting beside me is rubbing her saliva on the round table we share. I've been engaged in deep conversation with Dede. She tells me about a time she travelled and got stranded. She ended up spending the night with a complete stranger. As we're engaged in conversation, I'm getting judgy looks from the others in the kindergarten room. I just noticed they are people I know from my congregation, I wonder why my subconscious put them in the kindergarten with me. I leave the kindergarten block and dance all the way to the canteen. I don't have absolute control of my dream so I don't know why I need to dance to move from place to place. I meet Shadrach at the canteen. I haven't spoken to Shadrach in a very long time so I ask him to check out our old assembly hall with me. Shadrach accompanies me but there is a bit of a problem. I stop dreaming.

I go back into the dream state. This time, I have a bit of control so I continue from where Shadrach and I left off. We check out the assembly hall together. The assembly hall is longer than we expected so Shadrach makes a comment about the assembly hall getting renovated. I reveal to my dream character that nothing has really changed, and we're all in a dream. Apparently, Shadrach starts to freak out and a dream creature appears. It looks monstrous and otherworldly. Shadrach is terrified and flees. I am not flustered because I'm aware I'm dreaming. The creature distorts everything around it, sort of like how heat from fire distorts the images behind the flame. This time, the creature is exuding red hot fumes all over, and there is a darkness in the area which is supposed to be his head. I'm curious why my subconscious created this creature, so I look intently at it. As I mentioned, I don't have absolute control of my dream so the creature consumes me. Nothing really happens. Everything is just dark. I was expecting to wake up, but I realize I'm floating over the assembly hall now. The creature just disappeared so nothing much came off of it. I have never flown in a lucid dream before.  I can see the whole school from the skies. I decide to go to the class 5 classroom. As I enter the classroom, I feel like I'm submerged underwater. I don't know how to swim so when I'm reminded of my helplessness in water, I start struggling. Shadrach pulls me out of nowhere. We are now standing in the Class 6 classroom. I start flying again and I go way up into the skies. However, I notice something unusual on the school pitch. There is a new building on the pitch. 

As I get closer, I hear shooting. Shadrach is already engaged with some unrecognizable goons. I'm surprised because the setting resembles a battle royale and I haven't played Apex in a long time. I am able to spawn an assault rifle out of thin air. I headshot one henchman, and I realize that I can just fly to the other side. When I go into the air, I lose interest in the battle royale and decide that this is a good time for me to fly from school to my home at that time. My home is not too far away. So I'm levitating over the orchard and I see a judge in the orchard. This can be easily explained. You see, there was a judge living in the residential area close to my school. I never saw him in our school but my subconscious placed him in the orchard. I'm not trying too hard to find meaning in why my subconscious does what. As I continue flying, I reach the small gate that gives me access to my home. The problem is that there is no gate. I cannot fly any more because there are s group of unrecognizable boys standing in the way. I approach them and ask them to give me access. They don't object and allow me through the wall. The interesting thing is that they don't really open the gate. They just beckon me to move along, and I'm home at that exact moment. 

I decide to use this opportunity to look for my childhood sweetheart. I see Christabel and she laughs at how I'm flying. She doesn't have any reaction and I don't have any control over her. I'm able to spawn people and places but I cannot control how they behave. She reaches for my hand, and I pull away. I ask her why we grew apart. I'm quite shocked when she tells me that we had nothing more to say to each other. 

I wake up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Coffee Culture in Ghana

Writing Automated Tests with Kotlin

The Nostalgic Resurgence of Shounen Anime